This CCP4 user community wiki ("CCP4 wiki" in short) is meant to be a collection of crystallographic knowledge as discussed on the CCP4 mailing list (CCP4BB), and elsewhere. It may contain information about anything relevant to protein crystallographers, whether methods-related ("what is the best program for purpose X?"), problem-oriented ("my crystals melt if I look at them"), or concerning hardware ("what is your opinion on robot X / computer Y?").
The general Topics include articles about protein expression and purification, crystal growth, handing and data collection, crystallographic theory and practice, and crystal structure related bioinformatics and computer hardware issues. There are also announcements for open positions and courses and conferences.
The intention is that the wiki reflect the breadth of topics on CCP4BB, which will make it a useful resource e.g. for "frequently asked questions", offloading some of the question/answer traffic on CCP4BB to a more permanent mode of storage. Many interesting questions are currently being answered on CCP4BB, but the answers are not easily accessible for others after some time. A wiki has the additional advantage that mathematical formulas and images may be presented nicely.
- Feb 13, 2008: I've created a search plugin for the wiki that will add a search to the drop-down list of search engines in the top-right corner of Firefox (versions >= 2.0 only) (or even, I believe, IE7 if anyone is using it). It can be found here: CCP4 wiki search plugin. Rogerdodd 13:59, 13 February 2008 (CET)
- Feb 10, 2008: The COOT wiki was moved from its old home to this wiki. Thanks a lot, Bill!
What is CCP4?
CCP4 is a crystallographic program system, and can be downloaded from . It is free for academic use; the license is at . Documentation is at , and a mailing list (CCP4BB) is at .
How to use this wiki
- you may read the existing articles with a web browser (does not require an account).
- you are invited to contribute to CCP4 wiki, by creating new articles, and by adding information to, or correcting existing articles. To do this, please create an account.
A number of experienced crystallographers, who are also contributors to CCP4BB, have agreed to take a role as editors. This wiki is under the same Copyright (termed "GNU Free Documentation License") as Wikipedia, so any information in it may be transferred to other wikis subject to the Copyright.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software, and see Creating an article.
- Topics - an attempt to list possible items hierarchically
- All pages - list of all pages of this wiki
- Courses and Conferences
- articles can also be found using the search box in the left column